• Summer Season: From late June through Aug this home must be reserved from Sunday to Sunday.
• Holiday Season: Reservations that include both Christmas and New Year’s may not be accepted unless they are 10 days or longer. Reservation arrivals on Christmas Day may also not be accepted.
• These policies may be relaxed closer to arrival. Please contact us with questions.
The Big House at Stepladder Ranch offers the unique opportunity to escape into the hills of Cambria. The property and home invite you to rediscover the joys of relaxation in open spaces with features such as the open concept living dining and kitchen along with 740 acres to explore. The gentle rolling hills with views of the coastline provide the perfect backdrop for unwinding and enjoying a genuine getaway. With spacious front and back patios, you will have privacy, peace and quiet out in the country.
The layout and features of the home are perfect for any group. With 5 bedrooms and 4 baths this property can accommodate friends, family, or work groups with a variety of shared and private spaces. The large living and dining spaces invite you to gather around the fireplace or at the farm style dining table. The chef’s kitchen has all you need for preparing your meals with high end appliances, dual oven, and ample space for multiple cooks. Your group will also love the large game room with billiards, bumper pool, and ping pong. You will have a ton of space to enjoy the people you're with in a spectacular location with hiking and exploring right out your front door.
- The North Master Bedroom features a King size bed and en suite master bath
- The South Master Bedroom features a King size bed, and en suite master bath
- The East King room features a King size bed
- The West Twin room features two twin beds
- The Bunk Room features two twin over twin bunk beds (4 twin beds total).
- The Game room offers a bonus sleeping space with a sleeper sofa and futon, please note there is no door to this room, but it is the only room upstairs
- The Office also acts as a bonus sleeping space and features a sleeper sofa and futon
The home is located rurally, so we recommend getting groceries in advance in Cambria since you'll want to settle in once you arrive after your drive through the country. This is a private ranch off a long, rural country road and an unpaved driveway, but it's so worth the adventure (a standard car will make it just fine). The home is about 15 minutes from Cambria and 45 minutes from San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles.
License No. 6003294
Important Items to Note:
- There is no cell service at the home or on the property. Wifi is available for wifi calling.
- This home does not have air conditioning.
- 10pm sound ordinance enforced.
- Absolutely NO fireworks
- The Stepladder Ranch and Creamery is closed to the public. Tours are not available at this time and guests are strictly asked to not trespass into unauthorized areas of this working ranch.
The artistic town of Cambria is famous for its dramatic coastal landscape, nested where ocean meets pine forests. Chock-full of character with historic architecture, downtown art galleries, boutique shops, antiques, history and romance. Savor the flavors of SLO CAL with gourmet foods and luxurious wines showcased at a variety of tasting rooms. Every day in Cambria is a creative adventure. Get out and explore on the trails among towering Monterey pines. Stroll the Moonstone Beach pathways at sunset. Ride the shores on horseback or the hills on a Clydesdale. The beauty of Cambria truly lies in the details. Located on California's iconic Highway 1 between Cayucos and San Simeon, Cambria offers up village charm, delicious flavors and natural wonders. Regardless of the season or the reason for your visit, Cambria has something for everyone.
740 Acres to explore (hiking, farm life, wild life, and more!)
Endless views of rolling hills and the coastline
|Jun - 2023|
|Jul - 2023|
|Aug - 2023|
|Sep - 2023|
|Oct - 2023|
|Nov - 2023|
|Dec - 2023|
|Jan - 2024|
ReviewsWrite a Review
NO SMOKING AND NO PETS
Summer Rentals are Sunday to Sunday
Property Protection Plan provides coverage for accidental damage to the home in lieu of a security deposit.
Subject to SLO County Transient Occupancy Tax
NO CELL SERVICE at the property, WIFI and WIFI calling is available